2019-20 Mexican Liga MX – Morelia vs Santos Laguna Preview & Prediction
When does Morelia vs Santos Laguna kick off? Saturday 26th October, 2019 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Morelia vs Santos Laguna being played? Estadio Morelos, Morelia (Mexico)
What are the expected weather conditions for Morelia vs Santos Laguna? Scattered thunderstorms, 19c
What TV channel is Morelia vs Santos Laguna on? Azteca 7 (Mexico), SKY HD (Mexico and Central America), TUDN (USA)
Where can I stream Morelia vs Santos Laguna? TUDN en vivo (USA), Azteca Deportes En Vivo (Mexico), bet365 (where applicable)
Where can I get tickets for Morelia vs Santos Laguna? https://www.stubhub.com.mx/boletos-monarcas-morelia-vs-santos-laguna-liga-mx/ev1081699
THE TEAM NEWS
- Monarcas Morelia (19 points, W6, D1, L6) have been extremely inconsistent over the past few weeks and while they have experienced a turnaround with Pablo Guede on the bench, they ended a two-game losing streak with a 3-2 win at Cruz Azul. They have won three and lost two of their last five league matches and, if the Apertura ended right now, they would clinch a playoff spot.
- Centre-back Emmanuel Loeschbor and winger Ray Sandoval are long-term absentees for Monarcas and both have been ruled out, while centre-back Gabriel Achilier left last week’s match with an injury and is doubtful ahead of this contest.
- Expected Starting XI: Sebastian Sosa; Jose Joaquin Martinez, Efrain Velarde, Gabriel Achilier (Jorge Valadez), Sebastian Vegas; Rodrigo Millar, Aldo Rocha, Mario Osuna; Luis Angel Mendoza, Carlos Ferreira, Miguel Angel Sansores
- Santos Laguna sit at the top of the Apertura standings with 26 points (W8, D2, L3) and, just like Morelia, they also ended a two-game losing run with a win last week and also enter this contest on a W3, L2 mark.
- Santos Laguna are not dealing with any injury concerns ahead of this contest, which bodes well as they have five games left in the schedule and, barring a catastrophe, should not have issues in clinching a postseason berth.
- Expected Starting XI: Jonathan Orozco; Carlos Orrantia, Hugo Rodriguez, Doria, Gerardo Arteaga; Fernando Gorriaran, Ulises Rivas, Diego Valdes, Brian Lozano; Erick Castillo, Julio Furch
Morelia have the advantage of playing at home, where they own a W3, L3 mark, but they have been extremely inconsistent in recent weeks. Santos Laguna might have won just once over the last three league matches and could be coming off two straight losses away from home, but they own the best attack in the league (30 goals scored) and sit at the top of the standings. Expect the visitors to shake off their road woes with a win here.