When is Liverpool vs Sporting taking place? Thursday 25th July, 2019 – 01:05 (UK)’
Where is Liverpool vs Sporting taking place? Yankee Stadium, New York
What television channel is Liverpool vs Sporting on? This match will be televised live on LFCTV
Where can I stream Liverpool vs Sporting? This match will be streamed live on LFCTV
THE TEAM NEWS
- Liverpool’s pre-season tour of the States takes them to New York as they face Sporting Lisbon at Yankee Stadium and they will look to get back to winning ways after losing their last two friendly to Dortmund (2-3) and Sevilla (1-2).
- The loss to Sevilla was marred by the horror tackle on youngster Yasser Larouci and they have since also learned that Nathaniel Clyne will also face a lengthy spell on the sidelines after damaging his anterior cruciate ligament, and he has returned to Liverpool for treatment.
- Jurgen Klopp has the bulk of his squad at his disposal other than his star attacking trio of Firmino, Salah and Mane so that will hand yet more playing time to the likes of Origi, Woodburn, Wilson and Brewster.
- Sporting have travelled to New York for this match only and this marks a significant step up in quality as they have come off two draws against Belgian outfit Club Brugge and Swiss side St Gallen in the last two weeks.
- Former Liverpool defenders Tiago Ilori and Sebastian Coates are both in the travelling squad and are set to face their former side while summer signing Luciano Vietto should also feature after joining from Valencia.
- Star midfielder Bruno Fernandes is in the squad and expected to play despite all the transfer talk about him leaving the club this summer, and he will be keen to impress in front of an English side and watching scouts ahead of a potential move to the Premier League.
Jurgen Klopp has not been overly happy with the results of his team in recent matches and was particularly frustrated after the loss to Sevilla. He will be demanding more from his players and with their pre-season a week more advanced than that of Sporting’s, they should be fitter and a fraction more motivated to win this game. Both teams' friendlies so far have been full of goals and this is likely to follow that trend, but Liverpool's hunger may just give them the edge.