When is Liverpool vs Lyon taking place? Wednesday 31st July, 2019 – 18:00 (UK)
Where is Liverpool vs Lyon taking place? Stade de Geneve, Geneva
What television channel is Liverpool vs Lyon on? This match will be televised live on LFCTV
Where can I stream Liverpool vs Lyon? This match will be streamed live on LFCTV
Where can I get tickets for Liverpool vs Lyon? Link
THE TEAM NEWS
- This is Liverpool’s final pre-season friendly match before they face Man City in the Community Shield at Wembley on Sunday. They travelled to France from Edinburgh on Monday having lost 3-0 to Napoli on Sunday. It was a disappointing performance which came on the back of their underwhelming results on their tour of the USA where they failed to win any of their three matches.
- The Reds have travelled with a 29-man squad for their training camp in Evian which has been bolstered by the additions of five first-team players who have not featured in pre-season so far. Alisson, Roberto Firmino and Mo Salah are back after international duty whilst both Naby Keita and Xherdan Shaqiri have just returned to training after injury.
- Jurgen Klopp stuck with the same line-up for the game against Napoli as he did their previous match against Sporting but he is likely to make some changes for this match and may also give a small amount of game-time to some of the players who have just joined up with the squad.
- Lyon face English opposition in pre-season for the second time in only a matter of days as they travel to Geneva to face Liverpool, having defeated Arsenal 2-1 in London on Sunday.
- Substitute Moussa Dembele - who was featuring for the first time in pre-season having linked up late due to France U21 duties - scored two second-half goals as they came from behind to defeat the Gunners.
- French U21 internationals Lucas Tousart and Houssem Aouar also played for the first time in pre-season against Arsenal, whilst Danish defender Joachim Andersen made his debut following his recent signing from Sampdoria.
Pre-season results have not been good for the 2019 UEFA Champions League winners Liverpool as they prepare for the new season and although they been boosted by the return of the likes of Alisson, Roberto Firmino and Mo Salah for the training camp in France, they are unlikely to have much impact on this game. Klopp will be demanding an improved showing from his men but they face a confident Lyon team who arrive in Geneva in good spirits having enjoyed a good win against Arsenal on Sunday, and they will be looking to claim another Premier League scalp in this encounter. Neither team has looked solid at the back in pre-season so goals look likely with a 2-2 draw being the predicted outcome