When is Ulsan vs Sangju Sangmu taking place? Saturday 9th May, 2020 – 06:00 (UK)
Where is Ulsan vs Sangju Sangmu taking place? Ulsan Munsu Football Stadium, Ulsan
What television channel is Ulsan vs Sangju Sangmu on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Ulsan vs Sangju Sangmu? The official K League website occasionally streams matches live, while the SPOTV YouTube account is also worth checking as they periodically live stream some matches
Where can I get tickets for Ulsan vs Sangju Sangmu? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Ulsan will be determined to atone for last year as they threw away the K League 1 title on the final day of the season and they will be eager to show that they have put the demons of that day firmly behind them as they kick-start this campaign.
- Ulsan needed just a point from their final match at home to Pohang Steelers and did so on the back of a 14-match unbeaten run on home soil in the league but they capitulated late on to fall to a 1-4 loss.
- That defeat opened the door for Jeonbuk Motors to snatch the title by virtue of scoring more goals with the pair ending level on points and to add to that disappointment, Ulsan have lost several key players during the off-season although they have added South Korean international goalkeeper Cho Hyun-woo to their ranks.
- Sangju Sangmu will have been pleased with their efforts in 2019 as they picked up 55 points, a big improvement on 2018 when they ended on just 40 and had it not been for some poor performances before the league split, they would have finished in the top six.
- Sangju endured an untimely five-match winless streak that put them out of contention for a spot in the top six but the army team will hope to build on what was a positive campaign overall.
- They are set to be relegated at the end of this season due to needing to find a new home after the city of Sangmu decided they did not wanted Sangmu to play there anymore but that may take the pressure off and allow the likes of Oh Se-hun to flourish.
Sangju Sangmu will hope their performances during 2020 can entice
somebody to offer them a new home in what will be a strange campaign for the army team. It has been confirmed that they will be automatically
relegated at the end of the season, regardless of where they finish but
that may play into their hands with the pressure well and truly off
them. That could help the likes of Oh Se-hun with the 21-year-old
expected to enjoy a break-out season but his side face a tough game
first up. They travel to Ulsan, last year’s runners-up, who have plenty
to prove after they collapsed on the final day of last season and the
hosts are likely to be too good.