2020 Korean K League 1 – Sangju Sangmu vs Gangwon Preview & Prediction
When is Sangju Sangmu vs Gangwon taking place? Saturday 16th May, 2020 – 06:00 (UK)
Where is Sangju Sangmu vs Gangwon taking place? Sangju Civic Stadium, Sangju
What television channel is Sangju Sangmu vs Gangwon on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Sangju Sangmu vs Gangwon? The official K League website occasionally streams matches live, while the SPOTV YouTube account is also worth checking as they periodically live stream some matches
Where can I get tickets for Sangju Sangmu vs Gangwon? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sangju Sangmu’s campaign got off to a terrible start as they were outplayed by Ulsan and suffered a big loss with the visitors conceding four goals and they will be desperate to put that defeat behind them as quickly as possible.
- Sangju looked to be heading into the break just one goal down but they conceded a penalty on the stroke of half-time which was arguably a huge moment in the game and they went on to concede a further two in the second half without reply.
- Although the game was beyond them, Sangmu did attempt to try and grab a consolation towards the end of the game and will hope to build on that effort but may need to tweak their side to do so with Park Yong-woo pushing for a start.
- Gangwon produced a brilliant second half display which saw them overturn a one-goal deficit and seal a come-from-behind victory in their opening match of the K League 1 season against Seoul.
- Kim Ji-hyun levelled the scores seven minutes into the second half and that saw Gangwon control the second half but they did not take the lead until five minutes from the end thanks to Cho Jae-wan’s effort.
- They did not rest on that and immediately put the game to bed with a third goal just a minute later through Kim Seung-dae and Gangwon’s turnaround can be partially attributed to the introduction of Ji-hyun at half-time which should see him start in this one.
Sangju Sangmu will hope that last week’s heavy loss was due to the
quality of opposition they were facing rather than an indication of how
this season may play out. They could not live with Ulsan but will hope
to build on how they finished the game when they were able to build some
pressure. They host Gangwon here who successfully fought back from a
goal down to win their opening game last week and with that confidence
behind them, they are likely to be too good in this one.