2020 Korean K League 1 – Pohang Steelers vs Busan I’Park Preview & Prediction
When is Pohang Steelers vs Busan I’Park taking place? Sunday 10th May, 2020 – 06:00 (UK)
Where is Pohang Steelers vs Busan I’Park taking place? Pohang Steelyard, Pohang
What television channel is Pohang Steelers vs Busan I’Park on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Pohang Steelers vs Busan I’Park? The official K League website occasionally streams matches live, while the SPOTV YouTube account is also worth checking as they periodically live stream some matches
Where can I get tickets for Pohang Steelers vs Busan I’Park? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Pohang Steelers missed out on qualification for the AFC Champions League in extremely rough circumstances as they ended last campaign in fourth place, edged out for third due to scoring fewer goals than Seoul.
- After finishing in fourth for the second successive season, Pohang will be eager to break into the top three this time around and will be confident of doing so having played a big role in the destination of the K League 1 title last year.
- The Steelers were big winners over Ulsan on the final day of the season, a result which cost their opponents the title and they will believe they can be in the mix at the top of the table in 2020 but the departure of Wanderson will leave a big hole in the side.
- Busan I’Park performed superbly at the end of last season as they finished second in the K League 2 standings before earning their place in the promotion-relegation play-off against Gyeongnam.
- With the deadlock yet to be broken in the tie, Busan managed to take the lead in the second leg with just under 15 minutes remaining and their spot in K League 1 was confirmed with a second deep into stoppage time.
- Busan are more than capable going forward but will need to improve at the back if they are to avoid an immediate return to K League 2 and they will hope the arrival of centre-back Dostonbek Tursunov can play a role in making them more solid defensively.
Pohang Steelers have finished fourth in consecutive years in K League
1 and they will hope to go at least one better this time around. The
Steelers ended the campaign in great form, losing just one of their last
12 league matches as Kim Ki-dong’s appointment as manager proved to be
the turning point in their season. He will now take charge of his first
full season in charge and will come up against newly promoted Busan
I’Park to begin this campaign. The visitors will pose plenty of
questions going forward this season but their defensive frailties could
cost them and the Steelers should have too much for them in this opening