2020 Korean K League 1 – Jeonbuk Motors vs Suwon Bluewings Preview & Prediction
When is Jeonbuk Motors vs Suwon Bluewings taking place? Friday 8th May, 2020 – 11:00 (UK)
Where is Jeonbuk Motors vs Suwon Bluewings taking place? Jeonju World Cup Stadium, Jeonju
What television channel is Jeonbuk Motors vs Suwon Bluewings on? BBC Red Button
Where can I stream Jeonbuk Motors vs Suwon Bluewings? BBC Sport website & app / The official K League website occasionally streams matches live, while the SPOTV YouTube account is also worth checking as they periodically live stream some matches
Where can I get tickets for Jeonbuk Motors vs Suwon Bluewings? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Jeonubuk Motors continued their dominance in the Korean K League 1 as they won the title for the third successive year thanks to a dramatic final day last season which saw them edge Ulsan for the crown.
- Ulsan held a three-point lead heading into the final round of matches but they were on the end of a shock loss against Pohang Steelers which meant that Jeonbuk’s 1-0 success against Gangwon was enough to end the season level on points with Ulsan but Jeonbuk finished top thanks to scoring the higher number of goals.
- Jeonbuk will now attempt to defend their title for a third consecutive year and will fancy their chances with a squad packed with Korean internationals while they have also added South Africa international striker Lars Veldwijk during the off-season.
- Suwon Bluewings suffered an awful league campaign last time around but managed to rescue their season by lifting the FA Cup with that success ensuring that they sealed their place in the AFC Champions League.
- Suwon ended the season in eighth spot in what was a very underwhelming season, especially after they also failed to live up to expectations in 2018 when they finished in sixth place.
- There will be a lot of pressure on Suwon to improve this season and all eyes will be on Adam Taggart to lead the line once again while the Bluewings have strengthened their defence with the solid acquisition of Vancouver Whitecaps’ centre-back Doneil Henry.
Jeonbuk Motors were able to make it three successive K League 1
titles in succession in 2019 but they made hard work of defending their
crown. They needed a huge slice of fortune on the final day of the
season in what was new manager Jose Morais’ first year in charge. They
are likely to be better for that experience and will be confident of
claiming the title for a fourth consecutive season but will have plenty
of teams applying pressure with one potentially being Suwon Bluewings.
They endured a poor campaign last time out despite winning the FA Cup
and will be eager for a much-improved challenge in the K League 1. Both
teams will hope to get off to a good start but the reigning champions
are unbeaten in their last eight league fixtures and should be able to
win this one.