When is Incheon United vs Daegu taking place? Saturday 9th May, 2020 – 08:30 (UK)
Where is Incheon United vs Daegu taking place? Sungui Arena Park, Incheon
What television channel is Incheon United vs Daegu on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Incheon United vs Daegu? The official K League website occasionally streams matches live, while the SPOTV YouTube account is also worth checking as they periodically live stream some matches
Where can I get tickets for Incheon United vs Daegu? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Incheon United narrowly avoided relegation last term as they struggled in K League 1 once again and this year is not expected to be any different, especially after undergoing some turmoil in the build-up to this season.
- Yoo Sang-chul resigned in January after failing to help Incheon improve on their efforts in 2018 and that has opened the door for Lim Wan-sup to take charge with Incheon hoping he can turn their fortunes around.
- Incheon will have to deal with the loss of winger Kim Jin-ya who has moved to Seoul but they have managed to retain the services of Stefan Mugosa who was Incheon’s top-scorer for the second season in succession last time around.
- Daegu suffered a heart-breaking end to their 2019 campaign as they scarcely missed out on qualification for the AFC Champions League as they could only draw with Seoul in their final game of the season.
- A win would have handed Daegu third spot but the goalless draw meant that Seoul were able to retain their place in the table but they will hope to use that disappointment to their advantage at the start of this new season.
- Cesinha was heavily linked with a move away from Daegu during the off-season but a switch did not materialise and he will be integral to how they perform this season while Dejan Damjanovic is an eye-catching acquisition to further bolster their attacking options.
Incheon seem unable to get out of the rut of being at the wrong end
of the table in K League 1 but they did just enough to avoid relegation
last season. It was a close-run thing last time around and they are
likely to be involved in another battle to avoid the drop this year but
will hope a new manager can lead to a better campaign. They face a
tricky test in their opening match as they host a Daegu side that
enjoyed a superb year in 2019 and will be confident of building on that.
They just missed out on qualification for the AFC Champions League but
with a solid squad on paper, especially in terms of attacking options,
Daegu should be able to challenge at the right end of the table once
again and can start this campaign with the three points in this one.