When is Gwangju vs Seongnam taking place? Saturday 9th May, 2020 – 11:00 (UK)
Where is Gwangju vs Seongnam taking place? Gwangju World Cup Stadium, Gwangju
What television channel is Gwangju vs Seongnam on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Gwangju vs Seongnam? The official K League website occasionally streams matches live, while the SPOTV YouTube account is also worth checking as they periodically live stream some matches
Where can I get tickets for Gwangju vs Seongnam? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Gwangju earned promotion back to K League 1 after a two-year absence on the back of a solid defensive effort that allowed them to see off the challenge of Busan I'Park who ended six points behind them in the table.
- With just five defeats in their 36 matches, Gwangju proved difficult to beat with them conceding just 31 times which was 11 fewer than any other side in K League 2 and was ultimately a key reason behind their success.
- Gwangju have managed to retain their key players ahead of this title back in the top division while they have also added Lee Min-gi and Park Jun-hui who are both notable additions to their squad.
- Seongnam made a decent fist of their first season back in K League 1 last year as they managed to avoid been sucked into a relegation battle and they will have been content with a return of 45 points.
- Seongnam will now hope to kick-on in this campaign as they look to secure their place in the top flight once again but they must overcome a big shake-up in personnel which includes the arrival of a new manager in Kim Nam-il, although the various changes could prove to be a positive for them.
- One of their new arrivals is Tomislav Kis and his presence up front could be crucial for Seongnam while the retention of central midfielder Kim Dong-hyun is also a big bonus for them.
Gwangju will hope that they can replicate the exploits of last
season’s Seongnam as they bid to maintain their spot in K League 1
following promotion last year. Gwangju were relatively straightforward
winners of K League 2 but will have to step it up if they want to keep
their spot in the top flight. Seongnam did a solid job of avoiding the
drop last term on their first season back in K League 1 and they will be
eager to push towards the top six this time around. The hosts will have
a similar look to last season having retained the majority of their
squad but with Seongnam making some smart additions, the visitors should
be able to pick up at least a point from this contest.