When is Gangwon vs Seoul taking place? Sunday 10th May, 2020 – 08:30 (UK)
Where is Gangwon vs Seoul taking place? Chuncheon Songam Stadium, Chuncheon
What television channel is Gangwon vs Seoul on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Gangwon vs Seoul? The official K League website occasionally streams matches live, while the SPOTV YouTube account is also worth checking as they periodically live stream some matches
Where can I get tickets for Gangwon vs Seoul? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Gangwon finished in the top half of K League 1 last term but will be disappointed with how they ended the campaign having failed to win any of their last four matches and three of those games ended in defeat.
- They will point to some bad luck with injuries towards the end of the season as to why they fell away which saw them win just one of their last nine and three of their last 15 with Gangwon unlikely to dwell on that poor run at the start of this campaign.
- There has been a big squad turnover as Kim Byung-soo looks to further stamp his mark on the side but striker Kim Ji-hyun remains and will likely be a key component in Gangwon’s challenge for AFC Champions League qualification.
- Seoul suffered a poor run of form to last season which saw them fail to win any of their final five matches in K League 1 but their final day goalless draw with Daegu was enough for them to secure third spot.
- Defeat in that game would have seen them slip out of the top three and with it, surrender their spot in the AFC Champions League but they managed to do what was necessary to despite their lack of form.
- They have a lot of ground to make up on last season’s top two if they are to challenge for the title but they have made some big waves in the off-season with the return of Adriano arguably their best piece of business.
Both Gangwon and Seoul ended last season in unsatisfactory fashion
but the latter at least managed to qualify for the AFC Champions League
despite failing to win any of their last five games. They were able to
secure third place in K League 1 thanks to a goalless draw with one of
their rivals for the elusive spot but will need to show big improvements
this time around if they are to challenge for the title. They face a
tricky task in their opening game as they head to a Gangwon side that
will believe they can compete higher up the table this time around but
they too will hope for a fresh start after an underwhelming end to 2019.
Both teams are capable of winning this and in what should be an
entertaining contest, there are likely to be goals at either end.