2020 Korean K League 1 – Daegu vs Pohang Steelers Preview & Prediction
When is Daegu vs Pohang Steelers taking place? Saturday 16th May, 2020 – 08:30 (UK)
Where is Daegu vs Pohang Steelers taking place? Daegu Forest Arena, Daegu
What television channel is Daegu vs Pohang Steelers on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Daegu vs Pohang Steelers? The official K League website occasionally streams matches live, while the SPOTV YouTube account is also worth checking as they periodically live stream some matches
Where can I get tickets for Daegu vs Pohang Steelers? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Daegu began their K League 1 campaign with a goalless draw with Incheon United but they will be frustrated at not claiming the three points after dominating for large spells in the contest.
- Daegu had the better of the chances and were able to create sustained spells of pressure but were unable to take their opportunities in front of goal which meant they had to settle for a point.
- After failing to come away with the three points, Daegu may look to make a couple of changes to their side for this game and Jeong Seung-won will be one of those hoping to earn a spot in the starting XI after he came on at half-time last week.
- Pohang Steelers got their season off to a solid start as they earned a win over Busan I’Park which meant they were able to extend their unbeaten record to five K League 1 matches dating back to last season.
- Pohang have in fact lost just one of their last 13 league games thanks to the 2-0 success against Busan with a first half strike from Stanislav Iljutcenko giving them the lead before Aleksandar Palocevic’s second half penalty sealed the win.
- The Steelers will be content with that win and will now hope to build on it as they travel to Daegu with the visitors unlikely to make many, if any, changes to last week’s starting XI with that side likely to get another chance to shine.
Pohang Steelers ended last season in superb form and they were able
to get 2020 underway with another victory as they overcame Busan I’Park.
They have lost just one of their last 13 K League 1 matches and will be
confident of another positive result as they travel to Daegu. The hosts
have won just one of their last six league games and having failed to
win any of their last five on home soil at the end of last season,
Pohang should be able to earn at least a point from this one.