2020 Korean K League 1 – Busan I’Park vs Jeonbuk Motors Preview & Prediction
When is Busan I’Park vs Jeonbuk Motors taking place? Saturday 16th May, 2020 – 11:00 (UK)
Where is Busan I’Park vs Jeonbuk Motors taking place? Busan Gudeok Stadium, Busan
What television channel is Busan I’Park vs Jeonbuk Motors on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Busan I’Park vs Jeonbuk Motors? The official K League website occasionally streams matches live, while the SPOTV YouTube account is also worth checking as they periodically live stream some matches
Where can I get tickets for Busan I’Park vs Jeonbuk Motors? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Busan I’Park’s return to the K League 1 got off to a losing start as the newly promoted side were defeated by Pohang Steelers in their opening match last week but they will hope their first home game can yield greater rewards.
- Busan fell behind midway through the first half and although they were able to build some pressure towards at the start of the second half, the hosts got back on top and sealed the win with a 71st minute penalty.
- This will be a tough ask for Busan as they host reigning champions Jeonbuk Motors and they may be forced into some changes with Lee Sang-jun a doubt after he was removed in the first half of last week’s contest.
- Jeonbuk Motors carried on where they left off last season as the 2019 champions earned a win in the first game of their title defence although they were pushed all the way by Suwon Bluewings.
- Jeonbuk dominated for the vast majority of the game but the Bluewings were holding firm and looked to be heading towards a plucky point until they were reduced to 10 men with 15 minutes remaining and that opened the door for veteran Lee Dong-gook to steal the win.
- The 41-year-old came off the bench to score the winner with just four minutes remaining and he will hope that effort is enough to see him promoted to the starting XI for this game but it would be surprising if Jeonbuk made too many changes to their side.
Jeonbuk Motors started the season with a narrow win last week but
they will take plenty of positives out of their performance. The
champions were the better side throughout but could not turn their
pressure into goals until the closing stages of the contest with Suwon
Bluewings when they were finally rewarded for their persistence. That
win means Jeonbuk are unbeaten in their last nine K League 1 matches and
having not lost any of their last 12 league games on the road, they
should be too good for newcomers Busan I’Park in this clash.