2020 Japanese J1 League – Kawasaki Frontale vs Sagan Tosu Preview & Prediction
When is Kawasaki Frontale vs Sagan Tosu taking place? Saturday 22nd February, 2020 – 06:00 (UK)
Where is Kawasaki Frontale vs Sagan Tosu taking place? Kawasaki Todoroki Stadium
What television channel is Kawasaki Frontale vs Sagan Tosu on? FreeSports will televise some J1 League matches this season so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Kawasaki Frontale vs Sagan Tosu? If the match is televised on FreeSports, Premier Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Premier Player. Alternatively, Bet365 customers can stream the match live on their website
Where can I get tickets for Kawasaki Frontale vs Sagan Tosu? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Kawasaki Frontale will have lofty expectations this season as they looked to build on their fourth-placed finish in 2019 and they will know that they cannot afford to draw as many games and some of those need converting into victories.
- Boss Toru Oniki will however be heartened by the fact they were so tough to beat last season as they lost the fewest games (6) in the J1 League and they got their season off to a sensational start last weekend in the cup by beating Shimizu S-Pulse 5-1 in the cup.
- Key forward Yu Kobayashi’s tally of 13 league goals last term was his lowest in the previous four seasons so they will hope he can rekindle some of his old form while more will be expected from Leandro Damiao in his second season in the J1 League.
- Sagan Tosu narrowly avoided having to play in the relegation play-off for the second consecutive season as they ended on the same points as the team that finished in that spot but they had superior goal difference.
- Their new campaign did not get off to the best of starts as they were comprehensively beaten 0-3 at home by Consadole Sapporo in the cup so they will have to drastically improve their performance levels against Kawasaki Frontale here.
- Their investment in Fernando Torres did not pay off as the Spaniard could only manage five goals in two seasons before deciding to retire and their lack of firepower will likely see them struggle both in this match and over the course of the season.
Kawasaki Frontale were impressive in last week’s cup win while Sagan Tosu looked abysmal, and that could well signal the way this match plays out. The visitors look short on creativity and firepower, which does not bode well against a quality side like Kawasaki. The hosts look set for a solid season and were particularly sharp last week. While there may be some question marks around them being serious contenders this season, they should still have far too much quality for this poor Sagan Tosu side.