When does SPAL vs Roma kick off? Wednesday 22nd July, 2019 – 20:45 (UK)
Where is SPAL vs Roma being played? Stadio Paolo Mazza
Where can I get tickets for SPAL vs Roma? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What TV channel is SPAL vs Roma on in the UK? Premier Sports have the rights to Serie A matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream SPAL vs Roma in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Users of the LiveScore app will also be able to stream the match live
THE TEAM NEWS
- SPAL’s relegation to Serie B was confirmed as they lost to Brescia which was their fifth straight defeat and with just one win in their last 14 matches, it is of little surprise that they have been relegated.
- SPAL needed a minor miracle to avoid the drop but they were given a glimmer of hope in their game with Brescia as Bryan Dabo put them ahead, although they were pegged back with just over 20 minutes remaining.
- With the game headed for a draw, their fate was sealed as they conceded again in stoppage time and they may opt to rotate their side now that relegation has been confirmed, especially with Lucas Castro, Sergio Floccari and Ervin Zukanovic all struggling.
- Roma retained their spot in the top six of Serie A as they made it four games without defeat as they drew with Internazionale, although they will be frustrated that they could not earn a fourth straight win.
- Inter took the lead in the 15th minute but Leonardo Spinazzola levelled on the stroke of half-time before Henrikh Mkhitaryan continued his impressive form of late by finding the back of the net to put Roma ahead.
- They looked set to claim all three points but conceded a late penalty which Inter duly converted which meant Roma had to settle for a draw and in their bid to overcome that disappointment, they could be boosted by the return of Nicolo Zaniolo from a calf issue.
SPAL will compete in Serie B next season after their wretched run of form ensured they would be unable to climb out of the relegation zone as they lost once again at the weekend. Their fifth defeat in a row came against Brescia but they will hope to put in some improved performances now that the pressure is off them. They face a difficult task against Roma with the visitors avoiding defeat in their last four and the respective form of the two teams should ensure the Roma can come away from this one with the three points with the margin of victory likely to be at least two goals.