When does SPAL vs Cagliari kick off? Tuesday 23rd June, 2020 – 18:30 (UK)
Where is SPAL vs Cagliari being played? Stadio Paolo Mazza
Where can I get tickets for SPAL vs Cagliari? No tickets are available as Serie A matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is SPAL vs Cagliari on in the UK? Premier Sports have the rights to Serie A matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream SPAL vs Cagliari in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
THE TEAM NEWS
- SPAL have been rooted to the foot of the Serie A table for almost the entire season but that changed before the enforced break in play as they earned a rare and valuable win over Parma to leapfrog Brescia.
- That was just their fifth win of the campaign and they will hope to build on it in their first game back as they host a Cagliari side that have not won for a long time which could prevent SPAL with a real opportunity to claim back-to-back victories.
- Despite their hope of picking up a positive result to help close the seven-point gap to pull themselves out of the relegation zone, SPAL have suffered a big blow ahead of this fixture with first-choice goalkeeper Etrit Berisha ruled out with a broken bone in his hand.
- Cagliari’s return to action yielded the same outcome they were used to before the season was temporarily suspended as they suffered a fourth consecutive defeat which means they are now without a win in their last 12 league matches.
- Having fallen two goals behind in the opening half hour, Cagliari were offered a route back into the game when Hellas Verona were reduced to 10 men but Giovanni Simeone’s effort just before the break proved to be the visitors’ only response.
- Cagliari’s task was made more difficult when Luca Cigarini was given his marching orders with 20 minutes remaining which means he will be banned for this contest while Luca Ceppitelli is also suspended after collecting his fifth booking of the campaign.
Cagliari were unable to end their miserable run of form on the resumption of play as they failed to win for a 12th consecutive Serie A match with their defeat to Hellas Verona on Saturday. They will not have many better chances to snap their winless streak as they head to SPAL but the hosts will believe they can earn an important win. However, with 86 goals conceded between the two teams so far this season, this should be an open game with goals expected at both ends.