2019-2020 Israeli Ligat ha'Al – Maccabi Tel Aviv vs Hapoel Haifa Preview & Prediction
When is Maccabi Tel Aviv vs Hapoel Haifa taking place? Saturday 30th May, 2020 – 18:00 (UK)
Where is Maccabi Tel Aviv vs Hapoel Haifa taking place? Bloomfield Stadium, Tel-Aviv
What television channel is Maccabi Tel Aviv vs Hapoel Haifa on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Maccabi Tel Aviv vs Hapoel Haifa? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Maccabi Tel Aviv vs Hapoel Haifa? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
MACCABI TEL AVIV
- Defending champions Maccabi Tel Aviv have been in no mood to give up their title this season although they have had stiffer opposition along the way with Maccabi Haifa just six points behind them so they will want to avoid any complacency in the Championship round.
- Like last season, they have gone through the entire regular season without suffering defeat but their one loss in the Championship round last year will serve as motivation for them to make it an entire season undefeated this time around.
- These two sides met in February and on that occasion Hapoel Haifa scored a last-minute equaliser so Maccabi Tel Aviv will be in the mood to exact revenge here.
- Hapoel Haifa just about scraped into the Championship round prior to the suspension of the league although they somewhat stumbled over the line having dropped points in three of their last four league games.
- They will be pleased to have made it to this stage though after they came up short by just a point last season but they could not have asked for a tougher assignment here in the form of the reigning champions and current leaders.
- They will of course be heartened by the aforementioned draw with Maccabi Tel Avviv in February but getting a result from the champions on their home turf will be a different proposition altogether.
Despite having not lost a single game in the regular season, reigning champions Maccabi Tel Aviv are only six points ahead of Maccabi Haifa in the league table and they know that any slip-up in the Championship round could open the door for the chasers. Another motivation for the home side is that they are aiming for an unbeaten season so they will be fully motivated to continue their dominance upon this resumption of the league. Hapoel Haifa have caused the leaders problems this season already but doing so twice in a row seems unlikely and they are likely to come up short here.