2019-2020 Israeli Ligat ha'Al – Maccabi Haifa vs Hapoel Tel Aviv Preview & Prediction
When is Maccabi Haifa vs Hapoel Tel Aviv taking place? Saturday 30th May, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Maccabi Haifa vs Hapoel Tel Aviv taking place? Sammy Ofer Stadium, Haifa
What television channel is Maccabi Haifa vs Hapoel Tel Aviv on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Maccabi Haifa vs Hapoel Tel Aviv? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Maccabi Haifa vs Hapoel Tel Aviv? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Maccabi Haifa enjoyed their best regular season since they were crowned champions in the 2010-11 season although it was not enough to top the table as they finished six points behind the even more impressive Maccabi Tel Aviv.
- They will have belief that they can overturn that deficit in the Championship round though, and they begin that quest in this home game against a Hapoel Tel Aviv side whom they dominated in a 5-0 victory in their most recent meeting in February.
- In averaging over two goals per game, Maccabi Haifa are the highest scorers in the division and much of that has been down to Australian forward Nikita Rukavytsya, who comfortably leads the scoring charts on 18 goals and his output will be key if his side are to sustain their title challenge.
HAPOEL TEL AVIV
- After spending a season in the second tier, Hapoel Tel Aviv have performed well on their return to the top flight and finished the regular season in fifth place, earning their spot in the Championship round in the process.
- The latter half of the regular season was particularly strong for them as they won eight of their final 11 league games and they will hope that their momentum has not been halted too much by the enforced break.
- One blip in that late stretch was the 5-0 loss at the hands of the opponents they face here and that represented one of the club’s worst ever defeats. Given that the match in question took place as recently as February, it will still be fresh in the minds of the Hapoel Tel Aviv players who will be determined to make amends for that display.
Maccabi Haifa – as well as finishing 20 points ahead of Hapoel Tel Aviv in the regular season – will have something of a psychological advantage heading into this clash given that they recorded such a dominant victory over their opponents in February. Although the visitors’ form was otherwise strong in the latter half of the campaign, they have the worst record for both goals scored and conceded amongst the teams to have made it to the Championship round. All the factors point towards another comfortable victory for Maccabi Haifa, who may well shut their opponents out in the process.