When does Croatia vs Georgia kick off? Tuesday 19th November, 2019 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Croatia vs Georgia being played? Stadion Aldo Drosina
What TV channel is Croatia vs Georgia on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Croatia vs Georgia? This match will not be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Croatia vs Georgia? Tickets can be purchased at the stadium on the day of the match
THE TEAM NEWS
- Croatia finished top of Group E to qualify for EURO 2020 and after an excellent campaign, they can ease off the gas in this international friendly as they face off against Georgia here in Pula.
- Head coach Zlatko Dalic has agreed to let skipper Luka Modric return to Real Madrid to rest him for this game as he has twice returned injured during this qualifying campaign and he wants to preserve his star man for next summer.
- Wholesale changes are expected to the starting eleven from the side that beat Slovakia at the weekend as Brekalo, Kovacic, Rog, Badelj and Pasalic are all expected to come into the starting line-up as Dalic is afforded the luxury of experimenting.
- Georgia have been extremely competitive in recent matches in what has been a difficult qualifying group as they have picked up draws against Denmark and Republic of Ireland while just narrowly losing by a single goal to Switzerland last time out.
- Head coach Vladimir Weiss has named a strong squad for this match and he will likely take it seriously as they have qualified via the Nations League to participate in the EURO 2020 play-offs next March and will want to prepare ahead of that.
- Weiss will be without Anorthosis Famagusta midfielder Tornike Okriashvili who is ruled out through injury but he will likely name a side similar to that which narrowly lost to Switzerland 1-0 at the weekend.
Croatia are understandably favourites coming into this game as they have the edge in form and quality, but they could be forgiven for easing off the gas for this friendly. Much like they did in a June friendly against Tunisia, they fielded a second-string side and ultimately lost at home to Tunisia, and this will be closer than many expect. It remains to be seen as to what type of team Georgia field, but with places for the final tournament squad up for grabs, one would expect Croatia to be fired up to impress their coach and get the win.