EURO 2020 – UEFA European Qualifiers – Slovenia vs Latvia Preview & Prediction
When does Slovenia vs Latvia kick off? Saturday 16th November, 2019 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Slovenia vs Latvia being played? Stadion Stožice
What TV channel is Slovenia vs Latvia on? This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Football (red button)
Where can I stream Slovenia vs Latvia? This match will be streamed live on the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for Slovenia vs Latvia? Tickets can be purchased at the stadium on the day of the match
THE TEAM NEWS
- After three consecutive wins in Group G, Slovenia have lost their way in their last two matches with successive defeats against North Macedonia and Austria leaving them with work to do to qualify for EURO 2020.
- That defeat to Austria could turn out to be pivotal and it means that even if they win their remaining two matches, their fate is out of their own hands with the Austrians able to qualify by avoiding defeat against North Macedonia.
- With Slovenia needing to win to have any chance of qualification, their chances have been hit further due to the unavailability of Denis Popovic who is suspended following his red card in the closing stages of the defeat to Austria last time out.
- Latvia’s miserable attempt at qualifying for EURO 2020 is almost over but they will hope for some success in their final two matches as they aim to avoid going the entire campaign without even a point to their name.
- The Latvians have lost all eight of their matches so far and only San Marino possess a worse goal difference with Latvia’s standing at -25 having conceded over three goals per game on average.
- With just two goals scored so far, it is obvious they have issues at both ends of the pitch and they will be without two of their midfielders for this game after Janis Ikaunieks and Kristers Tobers both left Latvia’s training camp on Monday due to injury.
Slovenia know that nothing but a win will do in order to keep their EURO 2020 dream alive but even that may not be enough. They will be hoping Austria slip up against North Macedonia to at least give them a glimmer of hope of progressing but they cannot let that distract them from their own task. Facing a Latvia side who have lost all eight games in their qualifying campaign should prove little trouble for them and the home side are likely to run out comfortable victors.