EURO 2020 – UEFA European Qualifiers – Slovakia vs Azerbaijan Preview & Prediction
When does Slovakia vs Azerbaijan kick off? Tuesday 19th November, 2019 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is Slovakia vs Azerbaijan being played? City Arena Trnava
What TV channel is Slovakia vs Azerbaijan on? This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Football (red button)
Where can I stream Slovakia vs Azerbaijan? This match will be streamed live on the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for Slovakia vs Azerbaijan? Tickets can be purchased at the stadium on the day of the match
THE TEAM NEWS
- Slovakia still have a chance of reaching EURO 2020 if they win this match against Azerbaijan and hope that the other game between Wales and Hungary ends in a draw so they will be fully motivated to accomplish their task in hand.
- Their hopes of reaching the final tournament took a blow on Saturday as they came unstuck in Croatia losing 2-1 but they will be confident of beating Azerbaijan after they won the reverse fixture in Baku 5-1.
- They will have to do without Robert Mak who is suspended following his red card against Croatia so Michal Duris or Patrik Hrosovsky could come into the side to replace him for this crunch game.
- Azerbaijan have been thoroughly outclassed in this qualifying campaign and despite springing a shock in October by holding Croatia to a draw, they have been beaten in their other six matches and have struggled to compete.
- They are coming off a 0-2 loss at home to Wales who needed the win to remain in contention and their fast start with two first half goals saw them ease to victory so Azerbaijan will look to make a better start to this game.
- They will field their usual core of Qarabag players for this match but head coach Nikola Jurcevic may consider a couple of changes with Renat Dadasov and Tamkin Khalilzade are candidates to come into the side.
Qualification is out of Slovakia’s hands after their defeat to Croatia at the weekend but they still have an outside chance depending on what happens in the other match between Wales and Hungary. They hammered Azerbaijan in Baku and with a full strength squad at their disposal and plenty of motivation, it is difficult to see them slipping up and not comfortably beating the visitors once again.