EURO 2020 – UEFA European Qualifiers – San Marino vs Russia Preview & Prediction
When does San Marino vs Russia kick off? Tuesday 19th November, 2019 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is San Marino vs Russia being played? Stadio Olimpico di Serravalle
What TV channel is San Marino vs Russia on? This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Football (red button)
Where can I stream San Marino vs Russia? This match will be streamed live on the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for San Marino vs Russia? Tickets can be purchased at the stadium on the day of the match
THE TEAM NEWS
- San Marino comfortably own the worst record in the EURO 2020 qualifying campaign as they have lost all nine matches played, scored just the solitary goal and conceded a staggering 46 in the process.
- They come up against a Russia side that has already qualified in second place and they will be hoping they ease off the gas now as they put nine past them in Saransk in June when the two teams met earlier in the tournament.
- They do however come into this game with some positivity after scoring their first goal in over two years as they managed to grab a tidy consolation by Filippo Berardi in the 3-1 home loss to Kazakhstan on Saturday.
- Russia have been absolutely dominant in this qualifying campaign against all teams not named Belgium as they fell to defeat for a second time against the Red Devils on Saturday, comfortably beaten 1-4 at home.
- They are missing a handful of players during this international window as Cheryshev, Barinov, Anton Miranchuk and Smolov are all unavailable for head coach Stanislav Cherchesov.
- Those absentees limit the coach’s options for this game but he is expected to name a similar side to that which played against Belgium and give them a chance to bounce back and regain some form and confidence.
Russia will not have taken kindly to the 4-1 hammering inflicted on them by Belgium at the weekend and boss Stanislav Cherchesov will be demanding a response here even though they have already qualified for EURO 2020. They put nine unanswered goals past San Marino in the reverse fixture in the summer and they are likely to be fired up to rack up the goals here too. Another heavy loss is on the cards for the team with the worst record in this entire qualifying campaign of all 55 nations.