EURO 2020 – UEFA European Qualifiers – Israel vs Poland Preview & Prediction
When does Israel vs Poland kick off? Saturday 16th November, 2019 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is Israel vs Poland being played? Teddi Malcha Stadium
What TV channel is Israel vs Poland on? This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Football (red button)
Where can I stream Israel vs Poland? This match will be streamed live on the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for Israel vs Poland? Tickets can be purchased at the stadium on the day of the match
THE TEAM NEWS
- Israel are among the teams in a play-off berth as it stands but that could all change at the end of this round of matches and they will be under big pressure to pick up a victory at home to Group G leaders Poland.
- Tied on 11 points with North Macedonia and Slovenia but below the pair on their respective records against them, they stand a slim chance of progressing automatically and their best hope appears to be via the play-offs.
- If Israel are to have any chance of coming out on top of in this contest, they are going to have to rely on Eran Zahavi who has scored more goals than any other player in qualifying so far with 11.
- Poland defeated North Macedonia to seal their place at EURO 2020 but they will want to end their qualifying campaign on a high by sealing top spot in Group G and they can take a step closer to that goal with victory here.
- The Poles have been strong defensively and that has played a big part in their form during qualifying having conceded just two goals so far and Belgium are the only side to have conceded fewer.
- Whilst Poland have not blown teams away in front of goal, they boast plenty of attacking threat but their options will be more limited than usual for this game after Napoli striker Arkadiusz Milik was ruled out because of an abdominal muscle strain.
Poland can end Israel’s hopes of automatic EURO 2020 qualification in this game and also put their play-off hopes in doubt too. The Poles booked their place at next year’s tournament with victory in their last outing against North Macedonia but will want to top the group as a reward for their efforts so far. Israel need a win to have any chance, and having gone unbeaten at home so far they will be confident but a draw is on the cards in this one.