EURO 2020 – UEFA European Qualifiers – England vs Montenegro Preview & Prediction
When does England vs Montenegro kick off? Thursday 14th November, 2019 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is England vs Montenegro being played? Wembley Stadium
What television channel is England vs Montenegro on? Sky have the rights to UEFA European Qualifiers matches in the UK, so it is worth checking the Sky Sports schedule
Where can I stream England vs Montenegro? If the match is televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
What was the score when the teams last met? Montenegro 1-5 England
THE TEAM NEWS
- England missed the chance to secure qualification during the last set of qualifiers but they only need a point from their final two games, or even a Kosovo defeat would be enough.
- Danny Rose is available again after being suspended for the last match against Bulgaria but Ben Chilwell should hold on to the left-back berth due to his impressive club form.
- Fit-again John Stones has been recalled to the squad while Tom Heaton and Ross Barkley have dropped out due to injury, so Dean Henderson has been called up as the third goalkeeper.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Pickford; Trippier, Maguire, Stones, Chilwell; Delph, Rice, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Sancho, Kane, Rashford
Unavailable: Loftus-Cheek (Injured), Heaton (Injured), Barkley (Injured), Henderson (Suspended), Sterling (Out of favour)
- Montenegro cannot qualify through the group and they are without a win in their last nine European Championship qualifiers, losing three of the last four.
- Star striker Stevan Jovetic remains sidelined due to a long-term injury so either Stefan Mugosa or Fatos Beciraj will lead the line in an expected 4-2-3-1 formation.
- Coach Faruk Hadzibegic is also missing three of his most senior defenders in Adam Marusic, Stefan Savic and Zarko Tomasevic, while midfielder Aleksandar Scekic has pulled out due to injury.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Petkovic; Vesovic, Simic, Kopitovic, Bulatovic; Vukcevic, Lagator; Boljevic, Kojasevic, Jovovic; Mugosa
Unavailable: Jovetic (Injured), Marusic (Injured), Savic (Injured), Tomasevic (Injured), Scekic (Injured)
Although England only need a point to qualify, they will want to make sure they finish top and put on a good display for the country's 1,000th international match. They thrashed Montenegro 5-1 in the reverse fixture and put six past Bulgaria last time out, so this should be another clear win.