EURO 2020 – UEFA European Qualifiers – Czech Republic vs Kosovo Preview & Prediction
When does Czech Republic vs Kosovo kick off? Thursday 14th November, 2019 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is Czech Republic vs Kosovo being played? Doosan Aréna
What TV channel is Czech Republic vs Kosovo on? This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Football (red button)
Where can I stream Czech Republic vs Kosovo? This match will be streamed live on the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for Czech Republic vs Kosovo? Tickets can be purchased at the stadium on the day of the match
THE TEAM NEWS
- Czech Republic come into this match with Kosovo knowing that a win will seal qualification to EURO 2020, so they know exactly what they need to do against the third-placed team who are vying for the final qualifying spot behind England.
- They gave themselves a major boost in their last qualifying match by beating England 2-1 thanks to Zdenek Ondrasek’s late winner but they know they have to play well after losing the reverse fixture in Kosovo 2-1 in September.
- The Czechs have had two players withdraw from the squad through injury as uncapped Slavia defender David Hovorka and Kasimpasa midfielder David Pavelka are both ruled out, while Patrik Schick is the only player in the squad walking a disciplinary tightrope in what is a relatively strong squad.
- Kosovo have huge motivation to reach their first ever major tournament since becoming an independent nation and they know that they will drop out of contention if they lose here and have to go through the play-offs next March which they earned by winning their Nations League group.
- Head coach Bernard Challandes has a handful of injuries ahead of this crunch match as Zurich duo Mirlind and Hekuran Kryeziu, Grozny’s Bernard Berisha, Reims’ Arber Zeneli, and Fenerbahce’s Vedat Muriqi all miss out for this match.
- Muriqi started and scored last time so they will have to replace him and Odd’s Elba Rashani or Sheffield Wednesday’s Atdhe Nuhiu will come into the side to lead the attack in his absence.
EURO 2020 qualification is on the line for both of these teams for this crunch clash and both teams will want to get a result here rather than leave it until the final match where both teams have difficult fixtures. Kosovo have huge motivation to reach their first ever final tournament but the Czechs will be full of confidence after beating England on home turf last time out in the qualifiers. They will ensure they do not lose first and foremost, and they should be able to implement a similar game plan as they did against England by hitting Kosovo on the counter as the visitors push forward.