EURO 2020 – UEFA European Qualifiers – Austria vs North Macedonia Preview & Prediction
When does Austria vs North Macedonia kick off? Saturday 16th November, 2019 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is Austria vs North Macedonia being played? Ernst-Happel-Stadion
What TV channel is Austria vs North Macedonia on? This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Football (red button)
Where can I stream Austria vs North Macedonia? This match will be streamed live on the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for Austria vs North Macedonia? Tickets can be purchased at the stadium on the day of the match
THE TEAM NEWS
- Austria only need to avoid defeat in this Group G clash with North Macedonia and that would be enough to seal their place at EURO 2020 with Poland still in their sights at the top of the group.
- The Austrians put themselves in a superb position after they defeated Slovenia in a pivotal contest in their last game and they are now unbeaten in their last six in this campaign having bounced back superbly from losing their opening two matches.
- Although they would get a second bite of the cherry against Latvia to seal their progression should they succumb to defeat in this one, the form of Marko Arnautovic should give the hosts a great chance with the forward bagging six goals in his side’s seven matches so far.
- North Macedonia still have an outside chance of qualifying for EURO 2020 but need to beat Austria in this contest, although their success in the Nations League means that they are guaranteed a spot in the play-offs.
- Their three game unbeaten run was ended in their last game against Group G leaders Poland with that result ensuring their opponent’s progression to the main tournament and they now face another difficult game in Austria.
- North Macedonia have only lost one of their away games so far in this campaign but a loss to Poland last time out came at a great cost as Ilija Nestorovski, Boban Nikolov and Visar Musliu all picked up bookings and are now suspended for this contest.
Austria are in a superb position to qualify for EURO 2020 and should seal their progression in this contest against North Macedonia. The home side are on a great run of form and have won their last three qualifying games on home soil. The visitors are weakened by the loss of three key members of their squad through suspension and their absence will prove too much to overcome with the Austrians able to claim a straightforward victory.