EURO 2020 – UEFA European Qualifiers – Albania vs France Preview & Prediction
When does Albania vs France kick off? Sunday 17th November, 2019 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is Albania vs France being played? Stadiumi Loro Boriçi
What television channel is Albania vs France on? Sky have the rights to UEFA European Qualifiers matches in the UK, so it is worth checking the Sky Sports schedule
Where can I stream Albania vs France? If the match is televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
What was the score when the teams last met? France 4-1 Albania
THE TEAM NEWS
- Albania are already out but they have certainly not disgraced themselves in this qualifying campaign, although they could only manage a 2-2 draw at home to Andorra on Thursday.
- Coach Edoardo Reja switched to a 3-1-4-2 system against Andorra but he may choose to go for something more defensive against the world champions.
- First-choice goalkeeper Thomas Strakosha and captain Elseid Hysaj should be recalled to the starting XI having been rested on Thursday, while striker Rey Manaj is set to start again having scored in the last two games.
Predicted line-up (3-5-2): Strakosha; Veseli, Ismajli, Djimsiti; Hysaj, Memushaj, Ramadani, Ndoj, Trashi; Manaj, Balaj
Unavailable: Abrashi (Injured), Gjasula (Injured), Mavraj (Injured)
- The goalless draw between Turkey and Iceland meant France had already qualified before they kicked off against Moldova, a match which they eventually won 2-1 after coming from behind.
- With qualification now wrapped up, Didier Deschamps is likely to rotate his squad and rest players such as N'Golo Kante and Kylian Mbappe, who have had injury issues recently.
- The likes of Presnel Kimpembe, Benjamin Mendy and Tanguy Ndombele could start, while Arsenal midfielder Mattéo Guendouzi will be hoping to make his debut after being called up as a replacement for the injured Blaise Matuidi.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Mandanda; Pavard, Varane, Kimpembe, B. Mendy; Sissoko, Ndombele, Tolisso; Griezmann, Ben Yedder, Coman
Unavailable: Laporte (Injured), Pogba (Injured), Thauvin (Injured), Lloris (Injured), Hernandez (Injured), Matuidi (Injured)
France are already through but they will want to ensure they hold on to top spot in Group H so that they get a better seeding in the draw for the group stages. Albania have nothing to play for themselves and are unlikely to offer much resistance to the world champions.