EURO 2020 – UEFA European Qualifiers – Albania vs Andorra Preview & Prediction
When does Albania vs Andorra kick off? Thursday 14th November, 2019 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is Albania vs Andorra being played? Elbasan Arena
What TV channel is Albania vs Andorra on? This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Football (red button)
Where can I stream Albania vs Andorra? This match will be streamed live on the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for Albania vs Andorra? Tickets can be purchased at the stadium on the day of the match
THE TEAM NEWS
- Albania are out of contention for a EURO 2020 place now so they have nothing but pride to play for, though they will see this match as one where they can get a fifth win in the group under their belts, finish as high as possible and score some goals.
- With nothing on the line for this match, they have seen a handful of players drop out through injuries as Hellas Verona’s Marash Kumbulla, Freiburg’s Amir Abrashi, and Akhisar Belediyespor’s Sokol Cikalleshi will all miss this match with the latter a particular blow after scoring four goals in his last five qualifying matches.
- Paderborn midfielder Klaus Gjasula is suspended for this match so they are forced into making a change there, and that may encourage them to add another creative player and field a more attacking formation than the 4-3-3 they employed last time out in Moldova.
- Andorra ended their 21-year wait for their first European Championship qualifying win as they beat Moldova 2-1 in October to give them a massive boost after losing their previous 56 qualifying matches since their first against Armenia back in 1998.
- Confidence is high following that result but they know this will be a difficult match against an Albanian team that have done reasonably well in qualifying and beat them in Andorra 3-0 when they met in March.
- They will have to do without midfielder Marc Rebes and skipper Ildefons Lima who has 127 caps as they are both suspended for this match and the defence especially will be weakened without Lima’s influence at the back.
Albania will see this as a golden opportunity to rack up some goals and that will serve as a motivation for them even though they have no chance of qualifying now for EURO 2020. They are however missing a string of players including Sokol Cikalleshi who has been a key man in front of goal for them in this qualifying campaign and that will dent their threat in front of goal. Andorra are not helped by the absence of their captain Ildefons Lima at the back and while they will be buoyed by their first ever qualifying win back in October, his absence will harm them. They will frustrate Albania for long spells, but the hosts should have enough to edge a low-scoring affair.