2021 Africa Cup of Nations Qualifying – Rwanda vs Cameroon Preview & Prediction
When does Rwanda vs Cameroon kick off? Sunday 17th November, 2019 – 16:00 (UK)
Where is Rwanda vs Cameroon being played? Stade Regional de Nyamirambo, Kigali
What TV channel is Rwanda vs Cameroon on? Rwanda vs Cameroon will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Rwanda vs Cameroon? Rwanda vs Cameroon will not be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Rwanda vs Cameroon? Tickets can be purchased at the stadium on the day of the match
THE TEAM NEWS
- Rwanda had a losing start to their 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign when they went down to a 2-0 defeat away to Mozambique in Group F, in Maputo on Thursday.
- They pushed hard after conceding two goals in quick succession during the first half but lacked the cutting edge to get back into the game despite creating some decent openings.
- Rwanda have competed well at home against the stronger African nations in recent years and held Cameroon to a 1-1 draw when they last met in a friendly match in early 2016.
- Cameroon have already qualified for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations as the host nation but the 0-0 draw at home against Cape Verde on Wednesday was still a very disappointing result.
- In particular the failure to score is concerning as it was the fourth time in five games that they have been held to a 0-0 draw and they are without a win since they defeated Guinea-Bissau 2-0 in their opening group match of the 2019 AFCON finals in June.
- Their coach Toni Conceicao only took charge of the team in September but he will soon be under pressure if results are not satisfactory as this is first time he has been in charge of a national team and he had no previous experience of coaching in Africa.
Neither of these teams had satisfactory results in the last round of matches and will be looking for some improvement. The motivation for a positive result is much greater for Rwanda with Cameroon having already qualified for the final tournament the results in their matches only matter for their opponents. Rwanda in any case will be eager to try and pull off a shock win against one of the high-ranked nations in Africa so motivation for them should not be an issue. A big issue for Cameroon has been their misfiring in front of goal, with failure to score in four of their last five matches being a problem that needs to be fixed. A low scoring draw is the predicted outcome.