2021 Africa Cup of Nations Qualifying – Ethiopia vs Ivory Coast Preview & Prediction
When does Ethiopia vs Ivory Coast kick off? Tuesday 19th November, 2019 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Ethiopia vs Ivory Coast being played? Bahir Dar Stadium, Bahir Dar
What TV channel is Ethiopia vs Ivory Coast on? Ethiopia vs Ivory Coast will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Ethiopia vs Ivory Coast? Ethiopia vs Ivory Coast will not be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Ethiopia vs Ivory Coast? Tickets can be purchased at the stadium on the day of the match
THE TEAM NEWS
- Ethiopia started their 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign with a 1-0 defeat away from home against 2019 AFCON quarter-finalists Madagascar on Saturday.
- They were very competitive against the surprise package of the 2019 AFCON finals but a 19th-minute goal from Rayan Raveleson proved to be the difference between the two teams.
- Ethiopia have not qualified for the finals since 2013 but they have competed well at home in recent campaigns against some of the stronger African nations with draws against Algeria and Nigeria on their record.
- Group favourites Ivory Coast defeated Niger 1-0 in their opening match in qualifying Group K in what was their first competitive game since exiting the 2019 AFCON on penalties in the quarter-finals against eventual champions Algeria.
- It was a harder than expected struggle against Niger with the winning goal coming from a second half penalty from Franck Kessie. Earlier in the match, Max Gradel missed from the spot after having argued with Nicolas Pepe over who would take the penalty kick.
- Coach Ibrahim Kamara may make a couple of changes to the team that defeated Niger but no significant injury problems have been reported so any changes are likely to be through choice.
Ivory Coast got the valuable three points in their opening fixture and will be looking to make it two wins from two matches. Ethiopia will be highly motivated opponents and won’t be pushovers but it is very unlikely that they possess the required quality to topple their opponents who have the edge in quality and experience. A narrow victory for the away team is the prediction.