When is Morocco vs Gabon taking place? Tuesday 15th October, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Morocco vs Gabon taking place? Stade Ibn Batouta, Tangier
What television channel is Morocco vs Gabon on? Morocco vs Gabon will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Morocco vs Gabon? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Morocco vs Gabon? N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
- Morocco continue their preparations for the 2021 African Cup of Nations qualifiers with a home friendly match against Gabon in Tangier on Tuesday evening having drawn 1-1 against Libya last Friday.
- Coach Vahid Halilhodzic was disappointed in their performance against Libya, where Morocco took the lead in the 20th minute through Jawad El Yamiq only for Libya to level just before half-time courtesy of Sanad Al-Warfali who plays his club football in Morocco.
- Morocco have now won one and drawn three of their four matches since they were defeated on penalties in the round of 16 at the 2019 African Cup of Nations by Benin. Halilhodzic has been giving chances to home-based players as he looks to shape his squad ahead of the 2021 AFCON qualifiers.
- Gabon defeated Burkina Faso 1-0 in France on Friday in what was their first match under new coach Patrice Neveu who was appointed in March after their failure to qualify for the 2019 African Cup of Nations.
- Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang had previously fallen out with the Gabon national team hierarchy but after a meeting with the coach he is hungry to play international football and scored the winning goal against Burkina Faso.
- With back-to-back 2021 AFCON qualifying matches against Congo DR and Angola next month, the coach sees this match as vital preparation especially as it is only his second in charge.
Both of these nations are looking ahead to the start of their 2021 African Cup of Nations qualifying campaigns that begin next month so it’s very much a case of fine-tuning and looking at their options ahead of those matches. Gabon have had very limited match action this year, with only one played in March, and as they now also have a new coach in charge they are more of an unknown quantity. Although Morocco start as favourites, they have struggled to finish off opponents in their recent matches, and if they do so again Gabon might be able to come away with a draw.