When is Chile vs Guinea taking place? Tuesday 15th October, 2019 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Chile vs Guinea taking place? Estadio Jose Rico Perez, Alicante
What television channel is Chile vs Guinea on? Chile vs Guinea will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Chile vs Guinea? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Chile vs Guinea? N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chile face Guinea in what is their second match of the international break in Alicante following their fiery encounter against Colombia on Saturday that finished 0-0. That result extended Chile’s current run to five games without a win.
- Although the match was against Colombia was only a friendly there were plenty of full-bloodied challenges. Chile lost Gary Medel early in the match through injury and Alexis Sanchez limped off late in the game with both players absent from this fixture
- As well as missing the duo of Gary Medel and Alexis Sanchez for this game they will also be without Paulo Diaz and Fabian Orellana who both started the match against Colombia.
- Guinea have made the trip to Spain to face Chile days after they lost 1-0 to fellow African nation Comoros in Versailles in what was the first match in charge for new coach Didier Six.
- It was a disappointing first game for former Togo and Mauritius manager Six, who was named as the new coach of Guinea in September and given the task of guiding them to qualification for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations and the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
- Guinea are without influential midfielder Naby Keita who was originally called up for the two friendly matches but then left out as a fitness precaution. Florentin Pogba, brother of Paul Pogba, captained the team against Comoros having returned to the national side for the first time in just over two years. Other long-term absentees Ibrahima Conté, Soumah Seydouba and Ibrahima Sory Sankhon have returned to the squad also under the new coach.
Both Chile and Guinea will be looking for an improvement as they prepare for competitive international matches next month following some underwhelming results in recent matches. With both teams also struggling to score goals it may mean a more adventurous approach is adopted as they search for solutions. Chile do have the extra edge in quality, and even if they do ease off in terms of intensity after a bruising encounter against Colombia they should still be able to eke out a narrow victory in this match.