When is Algeria vs Colombia taking place? Tuesday 15th October, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Algeria vs Colombia taking place? Stade Pierre-Mauroy, Lille
What television channel is Algeria vs Colombia on? Algeria vs Colombia will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Algeria vs Colombia? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Algeria vs Colombia? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- 2019 Africa Cup of Nations champions Algeria drew 1-1 against Congo DR last Thursday with Islam Slimani scoring the opening goal early on, only for Congo DR to hit back through Cedric Bakambu in the 26th minute.
- That was Slimani’s second goal in consecutive games for Algeria as he moved second on their all-time scorers list with the only goal of the game when they defeated Benin in September.
- Riyad Mahrez came on from the bench last Thursday and should come into contention for a start against Colombia, therefore bolstering the Algerian attacking threat.
- Colombia travel to France to face Algeria having had a hard-fought draw against South American rivals Chile in Spain on Saturday. The match finished without a goal but not without incident as a member of Colombia’s coaching staff was shown a red card and both teams lost players through injury.
- Striker Duvan Zapata picked up a knock against Chile and has been forced to withdraw from the squad and return to Italy so there may be a chance for Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos to impress. James Rodriguez and Radamel Falcao were both left out of the squad for the friendly match double-header by manager Carlos Queiroz.
- Colombia have drawn all three matches they have played since exiting the Copa America in the quarter-finals on penalties against Chile. They have not lost a match in regular time since a friendly defeat against South Korea in March and have kept a clean sheet in eight of their nine matches played since then.
This is an interesting match-up as African champions Algeria face tough South American opponents Colombia. Both teams have proven to be very difficult to beat of late and it should be a good, competitive fixture. With the very good respective defensive records of the two nations, there is a high chance of a low-scoring encounter and a draw is the predicted outcome.