When is Ukraine vs Nigeria taking place? Tuesday 10th September, 2019 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Ukraine vs Nigeria taking place? Dnipro-Arena, Dnipro
What television channel is Ukraine vs Nigeria on? Ukraine vs Nigeria will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Ukraine vs Nigeria? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Ukraine vs Nigeria? Link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Ukraine face Nigeria only a matter of days after defeating Lithuania 3-0 in their qualifying group for EURO 2020. Goals from Zinchenko, Marlos and Malinovskiy proved to be the difference as Ukraine extended their lead at the top of the group having won four and drawn one of their opening five games.
- Since failing to reach the 2018 World Cup in Russia, they have been on a good run of form with only one defeat in their last 16 matches. They have won their last four matches and have kept five clean sheets in their last six games.
- Ukraine are expected to field a number of fringe players as coach Shevchenko confirmed that he will give game-time to squad members who were either on the bench or played a limited role in the Lithuania match.
- This is Nigeria’s first fixture since the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations where their quest for glory was ended in heartbreaking fashion when a stoppage-time winner from Riyad Mahrez gave Algeria a 2-1 victory in their semi-final encounter.
- Although maybe not a great consolation after the last-gasp defeat, they did round off the tournament with a 1-0 victory against Tunisia in the third-place play-off with Odion Ighalo netting the winning goal.
- The Super Eagles have travelled to Dnipro without captain Ahmed Musa who pulled out through injury, whilst also on the list of players who have not joined up with the squad are defenders Kenneth Omeruo and Tyronne Ebuehi, midfielder Wilfred Ndidi and forward Henry Onyekuru.
Ukraine are expected to shuffle their team around from the side that defeated Lithuania on Saturday. Although changes are likely to be made, there should be still good motivation from the fringe players who will want to impress with Shevchenko looking to continue the momentum that has been building over the last 18 months with positive showings in the UEFA Nations League and EURO 2020 qualifying.
Nigeria have not had as much training time for the game as their opposition and they are probably going to experiment a little as they ready themselves for their coming 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign which starts in November, so they may take a while to gel. It might not be the most free-flowing game of football but there may be some eye-catching performances from players eager to make their mark. A 1-1 draw is the predicted outcome.