When does Montenegro vs Belarus kick off? Tuesday 19th November, 2019 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Montenegro vs Belarus being played? Stadion Pod Goricom
What TV channel is Montenegro vs Belarus on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Montenegro vs Belarus? This match will not be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Montenegro vs Belarus? Tickets can be purchased at the stadium on the day of the match
THE TEAM NEWS
- It has been a difficult European qualifying campaign for Montenegro and one they will be glad to see the back of after they were winless in their eight matches and had a goal difference of -19, ending with a 7-0 trouncing by England.
- They are not helped by having some key absentees in this international window as Atletico defender Stefan Savic is unavailable along with Monaco forward Stevan Jovetic, as well as some regulars like Adam Marusic of Lazio and Astana’s Zarko Tomasevic.
- The defence is particularly under strength due to the various absentees which was part of the reason for their struggles against a rampant England side but boss Faruk Hadzibegic will expect a response from the players that he selects here.
- Belarus’ qualifying campaign came to an end with a 4-0 defeat at the hands of Germany on Saturday but they come into this friendly with Montenegro motivated to get a positive result ahead of their EURO 2020 play-off next March which they earned by winning their Nations League group.
- Head coach Mikhail Markhel will have the same set of players at his disposal for this match and he is unlikely to make too many changes as he will want his side to pick up some confidence ahead of the play-offs.
- Dinamo Brest forward Mikhail Gordeichuk is unavailable through injury, while Maksim Skavysh will be hoping to come into the starting line-up along with some of the younger players in the squad.
Both of these teams endured difficult European qualifying campaigns but it is Belarus who have something to play for in the near future as they won their Nations League group and thus have a EURO 2020 play-off next March. Montenegro are missing a handful of key experienced players for this match and it is hardly a priority for them. Belarus on the other hand will likely play hard and show some motivation for their coach as they seek to impress ahead of the play-offs. Many may expect Montenegro to get a result on paper, but delving deeper into this game, Belarus have more going for them and can claim a draw at the minimum.