Indian Super League – Bengaluru vs Northeast United Preview & Prediction
When is Bengaluru vs NorthEast United taking place? Monday 21st October, 2019 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Bengaluru vs NorthEast United taking place? Sree Kanteerava Stadium, Bengaluru
What television channel is Bengaluru vs NorthEast United on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Bengaluru vs NorthEast United? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Bengaluru vs NorthEast United? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Reigning Indian Super League champions Bengaluru are aiming to become the first team to successfully defend the ISL title. They start their 2019-20 campaign at home against NorthEast United, the team they defeated in the semi-finals on their way to success in 2018-19.
- It has been a busy pre-season in terms of outgoings and incomings with the most notable departure being Venezuelan striker Miku who was often their main-threat in front of goal. The main positive for Bengaluru is they have kept a solid backline together which is well marshalled by the excellent goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu.
- Expectation is high as the club start the season as the defending ISL champions. They were a formidable team at home last season remaining unbeaten in the regular season and enjoying a 3-0 victory against NorthEast United in the semi-finals.
- NorthEast United reached the semi-finals for the first-time last season, but begin their 2019-20 ISL campaign with a new man in charge as the Croatian Robert Jarni becomes their seventh coach in the space of six years.
- On the back of their eye-catching season in 2018-19, their coach Eelco Schattorie left NorthEast to join the Kerala Blasters, along with their captain and top scorer Bartholomew Ogbeche. The likes of Mato Grgic and Rowllin Borges also left the club.
- The main boost for NorthEast is they have managed to sign former Ghana captain Asamoah Gyan and his prolific scoring record gives them a huge amount of optimism. Though on the downside they will be without their main creator Federico Gallego, who is still recovering from breaking his leg in the semi-finals.
The reigning Indian Super League champions Bengaluru will be striving to make a strong start to the defence of their title with a victory against NorthEast United who have had some upheaval over the summer with a change of coach as Robert Jarni replaces Eelco Schattorie, who guided them into the play-offs for the first-time last season. The signing of the prolific Asamoah Gyan does give NorthEast United an excellent goal threat for the season ahead but NorthEast might lack the creativity against a strong defensive unit to supply him with the chances in this game. Bengaluru had a formidable home record last season and can keep their unbeaten home run going with a victory in this encounter.