2019-20 Indian Super League – Odisha vs NorthEast United Preview & Prediction
When does Odisha vs NorthEast United kick off? Friday 14th February, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Odisha vs NorthEast United being played? Kalinga Stadium, Odisha
What TV channel is Odisha vs NorthEast United on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Odisha vs NorthEast United in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Odisha vs NorthEast United? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Odisha still harbour hopes of qualifying for the Indian Super League play-offs but cannot afford to slip-up as they host NorthEast United after losing for a third successive game last time out against ATK.
- It has been a tough run of fixtures for Odisha, having faced the top three teams in the league in their last three matches, but they will be disappointed with how they have performed having conceded 10 goals in those games.
- Having kept things tight in the first half, Odisha conceded three goals in a 15-minute period in the second and were then unable to build on a Manuel Onwu goal as they looked to get back into the game. They have a full squad to choose from in this must-win encounter.
- NorthEast United’s run without a win was extended to 11 matches and despite playing out an entertaining 3-3 draw against Jamshedpur in their last game, their failure to end their winless streak proved too much for the club as head coach Robert Jarni was relieved of his duties.
- Federico Gallego got NorthEast off to the perfect start as he struck just four minutes into the game but Jamshedpur levelled before the break and it was not until the 77th minute that they were able to retake the lead thanks to Redeem Tlang.
- Things soon turned sour for NorthEast as they conceded a penalty but they were given a reprieve as it was saved although two quick Jamshedpur goals put them ahead with just give minutes to play before Jose Leudo equalised. They now head into their final away game of the season without Mislav Komorski who picked up an injury in the draw with Jamshedpur.
NorthEast United finally lost patience with head coach Robert Jarni after they made it 11 matches without a win. They now head to Odisha with interim coach Khalid Jamil hoping to change NorthEast’s fortunes but it looks like it will be a difficult task with the hosts needing to win this to keep their play-off hopes alive. The home side were unable to cope with their run of tough fixtures as they faced the top three teams in the league and suffered defeats in all of those games, but NorthEast’s inability to win should see Odisha claim all three points.