2019-20 Indian Super League – Odisha vs Kerala Blasters Preview & Prediction
When does Odisha vs Kerala Blasters kick off? Sunday 23rd February, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Odisha vs Kerala Blasters being played? Kalinga Stadium, Odisha
What TV channel is Odisha vs Kerala Blasters on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Odisha vs Kerala Blasters in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Odisha vs Kerala Blasters? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Odisha’s hopes of progressing to the play-offs of the Indian Super League were ended after Chennaiyin’s victory over Mumbai City on Friday despite ending their three-match losing streak in their last match.
- After facing the top three in consecutive matches, Odisha were pitted against lowly NorthEast United in their last game but looked to be heading for more disappointment after falling behind midway through the first half.
- Odisha responded with a better display after the break and goals from Manuel Onwu and Martin Perez Guedes gave them the win although it proved in vain in their bid to make the top four and they will now round-off their campaign with a home match against Kerala Blasters but will be without the injured Nanda Kumar.
- Kerala Blasters have struggled for most of the campaign with consistency a real issue for them but they did manage to claim just a fourth win of the season as they defeated Bengaluru in their last game.
- Bengaluru had taken the lead inside the opening 20 minutes but Kerala put in a determined display to respond to going behind and earned a deserved equaliser just before the break as Bartholomew Ogbeche found the back of the net.
- The Blasters continued to push and Ogbeche scored his side’s second from the spot with just under 20 minutes remaining to seal the victory but that did come at a cost with Sergio Cidoncha ruled out for this game with the knock he picked up against Bengaluru.
Odisha are likely to come into this game on a real low after the result in the game between Mumbai City and Chennaiyin did not end in the draw that they required. The win for Chennaiyin means that Odisha now cannot pip them to fourth place and they will miss out on the play-offs. They ended a three-match losing streak in their last game but come up against a Kerala Blasters side that were impressive in their last game and with no pressure on the visitors, they should be able to come away with at least a point to end a poor season on a positive note.