2019-20 Indian Super League – Odisha vs Goa Preview & Prediction
When does Odisha vs Goa kick off? Wednesday 29th January, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Odisha vs Goa being played? Kalinga Stadium, Odisha
What TV channel is Odisha vs Goa on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Odisha vs Goa in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Odisha vs Goa? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Odisha’s four-match winning streak was ended in spectacular fashion as they were on the end of a 3-0 loss to Bengaluru and that defeat has seen them lose ground on the top three in the race for the play-offs.
- Odisha still occupy the fourth and final spot as it stands but will now be looking over the shoulder rather than pushing for a first place after two goals in quick succession in the first half followed by a third in the second half condemned them to defeat.
- To make matters worse for Odisha, they will be without Shubham Sarangi after he collected a one-match ban for his fourth yellow card of the campaign last time out but in an even bigger blow, key man Aridane is out for the season after the striker picked up a serious injury against Bengaluru.
- Goa were able to bounce back from their disappointing loss to ATK in their previous game as their goal in the final 10 minutes saw them overcome a dogged performance from Kerala Blasters.
- First half goals from Hugo Bomous and Jackichand Singh put Goa in control at the break but the Blasters hit back to level the scores with 20 minutes to go and looked to have all of the momentum.
- Those setbacks did not deter Goa and they showed some good character to respond and re-take the lead through Bomous’ second of the game to give his side all three points. They are likely to be unchanged for this contest unless they have picked up any knocks in training.
Odisha were on the end of a heavy loss to Bengaluru last time out as their winning run was brought to an abrupt halt. They now face another difficult game against a top four opponent with Goa the visitors for this one. The away side are level on points with ATK at the top of the table and will create some daylight over the chasing pack if they win here, Odisha being one of those. The hosts are set to be without several players, with that list potentially including captain Marcos Tebar who is battling an injury, so Goa should be able to take advantage and claim the victory.