2019-20 Indian Super League – NorthEast United vs Mumbai City Preview & Prediction
When does NorthEast United vs Mumbai City kick off? Wednesday 27th November, 2019 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is NorthEast United vs Mumbai City being played? Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium, Guwahati
What TV channel is NorthEast United vs Mumbai City on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream NorthEast United vs Mumbai City in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for NorthEast United vs Mumbai City? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- NorthEast United made the play-offs for the first time in their history last season and have made a solid start to the 2019-20 ISL campaign with two wins and two draws from their opening four fixtures.
- Late goals have had a big impact in their last three matches with their wins against Odisha and Hyderabad coming courtesy of goals late in the game and a late equaliser denying them three points against Goa.
- They are forced into making a change with Dutch defender Kai Heerings serving a two-game suspension which is a blow as he has forged a decent partnership with Mislav Komorski. Wayne Vaz might be the player who is asked to fill the gap.
- Mumbai City have had a mixed start to the season having picked up four points and two clean sheets in their opening two matches they went into the international break with back-to-back 4-2 home defeats against Odisha and Goa.
- They have struggled to establish any superiority early on in their matches so far this season and have yet to score a goal in the first half. In each of their last two games, they have trailed 2-0 at the break.
- Mumbai City have had their best results away from home in recent times – they are unbeaten in their two away matches this season with no goals conceded and have lost just two of their last ten ISL away matches.
This is a clash between two teams who featured in the play-offs last season and NorthEast United will feel more content with their start to the season having remained unbeaten in their opening four games under new coach Robert Jarni. Mumbai City need to bounce back from consecutive 4-2 defeats which will have rocked their confidence somewhat but they do have belief in their ability to pick up results away from home. Expect Mumbai to dig in and try to be hard to break down and in doing so they might be able to come away with a point from a tight encounter.