2019-20 Indian Super League – NorthEast United vs Kerala Blasters Preview & Prediction
When does NorthEast United vs Kerala Blasters kick off? Friday 7th February, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is NorthEast United vs Kerala Blasters being played? Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium, Guwahati
What TV channel is NorthEast United vs Kerala Blasters on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream NorthEast United vs Kerala Blasters in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for NorthEast United vs Kerala Blasters? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- NorthEast United still have an outside chance of finishing in the top four in the Indian Super League but it continues to look increasingly unlikely as they lost yet again with Mumbai City edging them in their last contest.
- That 1-0 defeat made it four losses in a row and they have now failed to win any of their last nine matches after the goal just before half-time was enough for Mumbai to seal all three points.
- Reegan Singh was given his marching orders for two late yellow cards in that game and he will now have to sit out this clash as a result in a further blow to NorthEast who continue to struggle in front of goal having failed to score in their last four matches.
- Kerala Blasters lost for the third game in a row despite managing to find the back of the net on three occasions as their defensive troubles reared their head again in a big loss to Chennaiyin.
- The Blasters found themselves three goals down at the break but quickly responded in the second half through Bartholomew Ogbeche but Chennaiyin scored again just before the hour mark to restore their three-goal lead.
- Ogbeche continued his brilliant form with a further two goals to secure his hat-trick and leave his side just a goal behind but two further goals for the Blasters saw them come out 3-6 winners and they may now turn to midfielder Sahal Abdul Samad who has failed to impress so far this season.
NorthEast United are on a terrible run of form and with a lack of firepower up front, their season looks to be in for a disappointing finish. They can still make the play-offs but would need the most remarkable of turnarounds to achieve that. They will have to find a way of ending their scoring drought against Kerala Blasters but could be afforded some chances with the visitors struggling defensively. However, the Blasters have no issues in finding the back of the net and they are likely to outscore the home side here.