2019-20 Indian Super League – NorthEast United vs Chennaiyin Preview & Prediction
When does NorthEast United vs Chennaiyin kick off? Tuesday 25th February, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is NorthEast United vs Chennaiyin being played? Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium, Guwahati
What TV channel is NorthEast United vs Chennaiyin on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream NorthEast United vs Chennaiyin in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for NorthEast United vs Chennaiyin? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- NorthEast United suffered a hugely disappointing defeat in their most recent game against bottom of the table Hyderabad as they conceded five goals in an embarrassing loss which summed up their season.
- Hyderabad scored a quick-fire double inside the first 15 minutes and despite Andy Keogh scoring his first goal for the club to halve the deficit, Hyderabad were able to score again before the break to lead comfortably at half-time.
- The visitors added a further two goals to condemn NorthEast to a big loss and with a number of players already sidelined, they must now do without Federico Gallego for this final game of the season as he serves a one-match ban.
- Chennaiyin’s wonderful run of form has been rewarded with a place in the play-offs of the Indian Super League and they will fancy their chances of lifting the title on the back of their seven-match unbeaten streak.
- They secured their spot in the top four with a narrow victory away at Mumbai City as a late goal from Lucian Goian proved to be the difference between the two sides in a game that Chennaiyin knew they could not lose or they would have been unable to advance to the play-offs.
- Having won that high-pressure game, which was their sixth win in their last seven matches, Chennaiyin will be hugely confident and will want to wrap their regular season campaign off with another victory and have a fully-fit squad to choose from for this contest.
Chennaiyin were one of the favourites to finish bottom of the pile in the Indian Super League with just one win from their opening 10 matches in the league but they have turned that form around with a magnificent run to end the season. They have already done enough to secure a top four spot and will not fear anybody in the play-offs. Their final game of the regular season will see them visit NorthEast United, a side who cannot wait for the season to end, and the away side should be able to earn another victory in this contest to make it seven wins from eight.