2019-20 Indian Super League – NorthEast United vs Chennaiyin Preview & Prediction
When does NorthEast United vs Chennaiyin kick off? Thursday 12th December, 2019 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is NorthEast United vs Chennaiyin being played? Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium, Guwahati
What TV channel is NorthEast United vs Chennaiyin on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream NorthEast United vs Chennaiyin in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for NorthEast United vs Chennaiyin? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- NorthEast United failed to win for a third successive game as they were comfortably beaten by ATK in what was their first defeat of the season as their unbeaten record was comprehensively ended.
- It was the first game in the season opener that NorthEast failed to find the back of the net with ATK running out 3-0 winners in the one-sided affair and they will be eager to bounce back with a better display here.
- Those attempts may be hindered if they are unable to field star striker Asamoah Gyan who had to leave the field with a knock in that defeat last time out and NorthEast will be sweating on his availability.
- Chennaiyin have done a decent job of building on their first win of the competition having drawn their next two and will hope to extend their three-match unbeaten run as they face NorthEast United.
- Chennaiyin looked to be on course for a second win in three games after leading until late on against Jamshedpur but the home side snatched a late equaliser with Chennaiyin failing to hang on to the lead for the second game in succession.
- With results and performances improving, Chennaiyin will be confident of giving another good account of themselves in this game but they could be without central midfielder Masih Saighani after he picked up a knock in his side’s last game.
NorthEast United may face a difficult task of getting back to winning ways as they host Chennaiyin. The visitors have improved a lot of late and could quite conceivably collected nine points from their last three games instead of the five they ended up with. They need to be better defensively to handle late pressure on their goal but with Asamoah Gyan a doubt for NorthEast, Chennaiyin should be able to come away with at least a point.