2019-20 Indian Super League – NorthEast United vs Bengaluru Preview & Prediction
When does NorthEast United vs Bengaluru kick off? Wednesday 18th December, 2019 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is NorthEast United vs Bengaluru being played? Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium, Guwahati
What TV channel is NorthEast United vs Bengaluru on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream NorthEast United vs Bengaluru in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for NorthEast United vs Bengaluru? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- NorthEast United were unable to host their last game against Chennaiyin after the Indian Super League took the decision to postpone the fixture because of growing unrest regarding political matters.
- Protests in Guwahati ultimately forced the postponement of that contest and the ISL has taken the decision that this game against Bengaluru will go ahead but it will be played behind closed doors.
- NorthEast’s Asamoah Gyan was injured in his side’s loss against ATK and the postponement of their last game could be a blessing in disguise as it gives their star striker extra time to overcome his thigh problem although his availability remains up in the air.
- Bengaluru could not extend their unbeaten run in this season’s ISL as they were defeated by Mumbai City, conceding more goals in that game than they had in their previous seven matches combined.
- Having allowed just two goals in those seven games, Bengaluru were unable to maintain their strong defensive record as they conceded three with the final goal coming deep into injury time which sealed the victory for Mumbai.
- Bengaluru are still in a strong position in the table heading into this game but will be eager to get back on track after the disappointing loss and they may opt to make changes to their side with Nishu Kumar’s place in doubt after he was withdrawn at half-time in the Mumbai defeat.
NorthEast United will host Bengaluru in a behind closed doors contest as they look to get their Indian Super League campaign back on track. Bengaluru will also be keen to respond as they suffered their first loss of the season and dating back to last year, they were on a 13-match unbeaten run before the loss to Mumbai. The visitors will be looking to find their defensive solidity that served them so well during that run but deserted them last time out and with doubts still lingering over Asamoah Gyan’s availability for NorthEast, the visitors should come out on top in this one.