2019-20 Indian Super League – Mumbai City vs Odisha Preview & Prediction
When does Mumbai City vs Odisha kick off? Thursday 31st October, 2019 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Mumbai City vs Odisha being played? Mumbai Football Arena, Mumbai
What TV channel is Mumbai City vs Odisha on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Mumbai City vs Odisha in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Mumbai City vs Odisha? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mumbai City drew 0-0 against Chennaiyin last time out meaning they have picked up four points from their opening two matches of the season and have yet to concede a goal having opened their campaign with a 1-0 win against Kerala Blasters.
- Goalkeeper Amrinder Singh was again a pivotal player for Mumbai as he made some vital interventions to stop Chennaiyin from scoring and defender Sarthak Golui also notably played a key role in helping Mumbai keep a clean sheet.
- Coach Jorge Costa has selection dilemmas for this game. Striker Modou Sougou picked up an injury in the first half against Chennaiyin and is unlikely to feature. Defender Sauvik Chakravarti is suspended for his red card in stoppage-time against Chennaiyin. Mato Grgic has been ruled out for a few weeks, and captain Paulo Machado has been struggling with injury in the last couple of games but is expected to be in contention to start.
- Odisha will be hoping for an upturn in fortunes having started their 2019-20 Indian Super League campaign with back-to-back 2-1 defeats against Jamshedpur and more recently NorthEast United with the deciding goal in both matches coming in the last six minutes.
- Having conceded right at the start of the match against NorthEast United, they worked their way back into contention with an equaliser from Xisco Hernández but a red card to Odisha defender Carlos Delgado almost immediately afterwards proved crucial and Asamoah Gyan went on to score the late match-winning goal for NorthEast.
- Gaurav Bora might be brought in to replace the suspended Carlos Delgado in defence, whole other changes could see Senegalese midfielder Diawandou Diagne and winger Nandhakumar Sekar replacing Martin Perez Guedes and Shubham Sarangi in the starting XI.
Mumbai City play their first home game of the season having picked up four points from their opening two matches on the road and they will be aiming for maximum points against Odisha, who have endured a tough start to the campaign with two defeats courtesy of late goals conceded in both games. Odisha have seen plenty of the ball in their two matches but have failed to make the most of their possession and they may find it hard to break down a tough Mumbai defence who will be happy to hit them on the counter-attack. Team news for Mumbai is not great though with the prolific striker Modou Sougou struggling with injury and they have yet to show a great deal of cutting edge in their two matches so far. A low-scoring draw is the prediction.