2019-20 Indian Super League – Mumbai City vs NorthEast United Preview & Prediction
When does Mumbai City vs NorthEast United kick off? Friday 31st January, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Mumbai City vs NorthEast United being played? Mumbai Football Arena, Mumbai
What TV channel is Mumbai City vs NorthEast United on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Mumbai City vs NorthEast United in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Mumbai City vs NorthEast United? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mumbai City looked set for another important win in the Indian Super League but suffered late heartache as they were held to a draw in agonising circumstances against bottom side Hyderabad.
- Mohamed Larbi put Mumbai ahead just before the break as he converted from the spot and that looked like it would be enough to seal the three points but they conceded a penalty with just seconds of the match remaining as Hyderabad stole a point.
- After that disappointing result, Mumbai will be eager to bounce back and they could be boosted by the return of Modou Sougou who looks set to overcome a knock but they will be without the suspended Pratik Chowdhary.
- NorthEast United have now failed to win any of their last eight matches in the ISL with the play-offs looking well beyond them although they do have games in hand on the teams above and could still make a late push.
- If they are to do that, they will need to start picking up wins and soon but they lost their third game in a row last time out when they were narrowly defeated by ATK with their only goal of the game coming deep into stoppage time.
- That result will be difficult to take for NorthEast and they must find a way to respond but will need new signings Simon Lundevall and Andy Keogh to give them a lift after failing to really impress in their limited minutes so far.
NorthEast United can still make the play-offs despite a dreadful run of form but they must start winning games and soon. They travel to Mumbai City to try and end an eight-match winless streak but that will be difficult with the hosts very much in the fight for a place in the top four. They will be very disappointed by their last result having failed to beat bottom of the table Hyderabad but they have the talent to respond and they should claim the three points.