2019-20 Indian Super League – Mumbai City vs Kerala Blasters Preview & Prediction
When does Mumbai City vs Kerala Blasters kick off? Thursday 5th December, 2019 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Mumbai City vs Kerala Blasters being played? Mumbai Football Arena, Mumbai
What TV channel is Mumbai City vs Kerala Blasters on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Mumbai City vs Kerala Blasters in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Mumbai City vs Kerala Blasters? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mumbai City are looking for their first win since their opening match of the season when they defeated Kerala Blasters 1-0 away from home. They come into this fixture having drawn three and lost two of their last five games since that victory.
- They were denied a win last time out against ATK by a goal in the third minute of stoppage-time. It was the second match in a row where they have come from behind to lead only to let the advantage slip.
- Mumbai have now scored twice in each of their last four matches but the fact they have conceded a total of 12 goals across those four matches shows how much their defence needs to tighten up.
- Kerala Blasters extended their winless run to five matches when a goal in stoppage-time denied them victory against a Goa team who were forced to play the majority of the second half with ten men following a red card.
- The scores were level at 1-1 when Goa were reduced to ten men and having taken the lead not long after, Kerala looked set to gain a much-needed three points only to let the opportunity slip in the closing moments.
- Kerala have the best defensive record of the teams who are currently outside the top four in the table but the two goals they conceded against Goa were both due to defensive errors.
Mumbai City and Kerala Blasters have had similar starts to the season with one win in their first fixture followed by no wins in their next five games and they will both be hoping to end their respective winless streaks in this encounter. Mumbai might have some kind of edge having defeated Kerala earlier in the season but they are conceding too many goals to be confident they can get over the line and this is tipped to end in a draw.