2019-20 Indian Super League – Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin Preview & Prediction
When does Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin kick off? Friday 21st February, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin being played? Mumbai Football Arena, Mumbai
What TV channel is Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mumbai City’s hopes of progressing to the play-offs of the Indian Super League were dealt a blow as they were defeated by Goa in their most recent game and now need to win their final game of the regular season to make it into the final four.
- Rowllin Borges put Mumbai ahead but they conceded three times before the break to leave themselves with plenty to do and although Bipin Singh pulled one back in the second half, Goa scored another two as they ran out 5-2 winners.
- That loss leaves Mumbai just one point ahead of Chenniayin but despite the side in fifth possessing a game in hand, a victory for the hosts here would be enough to seal fourth place but they have a doubt over Bidyananda Singh who went off with an injury against Goa.
- Chennaiyin continued their charge towards the play-offs as they produced a very impressive display to defeat ATK and they have now gone six games without defeat with them managing to win five games over that period.
- Rafael Crivellaro put Chennaiyin ahead inside the first 10 minutes and their lead was doubled by Andre Schembri but ATK quickly pulled one back to halve the deficit before the break.
- With the game firmly in the balance, Chennaiyin did well to hold on and added a third through Nerijus Valskis deep into stoppage-time to seal a vital win and they come into this game with a fully-fit squad.
This is an enormous game in the race to make the Indian Super League play-offs with the winner of the match between Mumbai City and Chennaiyin sealing their place whilst the loser will miss out. Chennaiyin can afford a draw as they do have a game in hand but defeat would leave them four points behind their opponents. The visitors are in great form and although this should be a tight affair, Chennaiyin should be able to come out on top to make it seven games unbeaten and secure their place in the play-offs.