2019-20 Indian Super League – Kerala Blasters vs Hyderabad Preview & Prediction
When does Kerala Blasters vs Hyderabad kick off? Sunday 5th January, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Kerala Blasters vs Hyderabad being played? Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Kochi
What TV channel is Kerala Blasters vs Hyderabad on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Kerala Blasters vs Hyderabad in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Kerala Blasters vs Hyderabad? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Kerala Blasters’ winless streak was extended to nine matches as they were held to a draw by NorthEast United in their last contest and it looks increasingly unlikely that they will find a way to turn their season around.
- The Blasters opened the scoring from the spot as Batholomew Ogbeche made no mistake just before the break but Kerala conceded a penalty of their own soon after half-time which saw the scores tied and it remained that way until full-time.
- With Ogbeche overcoming a knock to feature in that game, Kerala have few injury issues in their squad at present but they may opt to change some personnel in an effort to end their run without a win.
- Hyderabad failed to win for the seventh time in succession and even though they were given a chance to face 10 men late on in their game against Mumbai City, Hyderabad could not capitalise as they fell to defeat.
- That was the seventh loss of their debut season but it proved a difficult pill to swallow for head coach Phil Brown who questioned the character of his side and that could lead to changes in this contest.
- His job is under serious threat after the loss to Mumbai with his side unable to respond to their 1-0 deficit when their opponents were reduced to 10 men and conceded another goal before Bobo notched a consolation effort with just under 10 minutes remaining.
These two teams prop up the Indian Super League heading into this match but it could be the end of the line for Phil Brown if his Hyderabad side cannot find a way to win. Kerala Blasters have not won since their opening game of the season and if they end that streak against Hyderabad, Brown’s position could become untenable. Neither side carry much threat up front but Hyderabad’s poor defence could be their downfall and Kerala should be able to pick up a point at the very least.