2019-20 Indian Super League – Kerala Blasters vs Chennaiyin Preview & Prediction
When does Kerala Blasters vs Chennaiyin kick off? Saturday 1st February, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Kerala Blasters vs Chennaiyin being played? Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Kochi
What TV channel is Kerala Blasters vs Chennaiyin on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Kerala Blasters vs Chennaiyin in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Kerala Blasters vs Chennaiyin? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Kerala Blasters’ play-off hopes suffered another blow as they slipped to a second successive loss, going down 3-2 for the second game in a row to Goa.
- The Blasters found themselves 2-0 down at the break but responded well in the second half as they levelled the scores thanks to goals from Raphael Messi Bouli and Bartholomew Ogbeche.
- Despite managing to equalise, they could not build on their momentum and conceded a third goal in the final 10 minutes and the Blasters must try and bounce back from that without Moustapha Gning and Vlatako Drobarov who are both suspended for this match.
- Chennaiyin’s charge towards the play-offs picked up pace as they claimed a superb win over Jamshedpur last time out to make it three wins in a row with that result seeing Chennaiyin leapfrog their opponents in the table.
- Nerijus Valskis got his side off to a great start by opening the scoring in the 13th minute and Chennaiyin doubled their lead before the break through Andre Schembri’s effort which put them in control of the game.
- Jamshedpur pulled one back with just under 20 minutes to go but Valskis’ second quickly restored the two-goal lead before Lallianzuala Chhangte topped the result off with Chennaiyin’s fourth late on and they should name an unchanged side for this contest.
Kerala Blasters have plenty of work to do if they are to make a run at a play-off spot but they face a tough game here as they host in-form Chennaiyin. The visitors have done their chances of breaking into the top four no harm with three consecutive wins and are now within touching distance of their goal. They were very impressive in their last outing and with some good form behind them, they should be able to make it four wins in a row.