2019-20 Indian Super League – Goa vs NorthEast United Preview & Prediction
When does Goa vs NorthEast United kick off? Wednesday 8th January, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Goa vs NorthEast United being played? Fatorda Stadium, Margao
What TV channel is Goa vs NorthEast United on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Goa vs NorthEast United in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Goa vs NorthEast United? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Goa’s four-match winning streak was ended as they lost for the first time in six matches after they were edged out by a late goal against Bengaluru and they will be eager to respond as quickly as possible as they host NorthEast United.
- Bengaluru took the lead just before the hour mark but Goa responded within two minutes as Hugo Boumous found the back of the net and despite the game looking like it was heading for a draw, the hosts snatched all three points with a winner six minutes from time.
- Goa boast a fully-fit squad and that loss might press them into changes with Manvir Singh hoping for a start having spent the majority of the season sitting on the bench while Edu Bedia and Seminlen Doungel are others who are in the same boat.
- NorthEast United’s run without a win was extended to five matches as they were held to a draw by Kerala Blasters and they will be desperate to find a way to end this run or face the prospect of severely falling out of contention for a play-off place.
- NorthEast fell behind just before half-time after conceding a penalty but they were given the chance to equalise from the spot and duly obliged when Asamoah Gyan found the back of the net from 12 yards.
- Gyan’s goal came on his return to the side after missing NorthEast’s previous match through injury and although he went into that game as a doubt, the long interval between matches should allow him to come into this game a lot closer to full fitness.
Goa’s unbeaten run came to an end in their last game but they will be confident of returning to winning ways as they host NorthEast United. The visitors are without a win in any of their last five games and their lack of matches of late may harm their chances after being to end that run. They have not been able to build any cohesion and against a strong Goa outfit, they are likely to fall short once again.